SIU students, faculty and staff have the following testing options.
- Students, faculty and staff without symptoms:
Testing is available each Tuesday from noon to 4 p.m. at Grinnell Hall.
- Students with symptoms:
Call 618-453-3311 to schedule an appointment with the Student Health Center.
- Faculty and staff, with symptoms:
Reach out to your health care provider or to SIH. Appointments can be scheduled online or by phone. Register for a drive-through appointment.
- Appointments are required and may be made here: drive-through testing.
- Bring your insurance card, driver’s license and SIU ID. No student, faculty or staff member will be turned away at the SIH drive-through testing or Student Health Center due to lack of coverage.
- Individuals with symptoms must self-quarantine until they receive further instructions and should not go to class or come to work.
- Test results are anticipated within 24 to 48 hours; you will be contacted with results.
- All students and employees must follow directives of the IDPH to isolate or assist with contact tracing.
- If you get voicemail when calling the SIH-SIU hotline (844-988-7800) during regular business hours, leave a message with your phone number and you will receive a return call.
Testing is provided through a grant-funded partnership between the Jackson County Health Department, Southern Illinois Healthcare and SIU Carbondale.