SIU students, faculty and staff have the following testing options from now until the beginning of the spring semester, when on-campus testing will resume.
On-campus testing will resume the week of Jan. 25.
- Appointments are required and may be made here: drive-through testing.
- Bring your insurance card., driver’s license and SIU i.d. No student, faculty or staff member will be turned away due to lack of coverage.
- Individuals with symptoms must self-quarantine until they receive further instructions and should not go to class or come to work.
- Test results are anticipated within 24 to 48 hours; you will be contacted with results.
- All students and employees must follow directives of the Jackson County Health Department to quarantine, isolate or assist with contact tracing.
- If you get voicemail when calling the SIH-SIU hotline (833-457-3072) during regular business hours, leave a message with your phone number and you will receive a return call.
Testing is provided through a grant-funded partnership between the Jackson County Health Department, Southern Illinois Healthcare and SIU Carbondale.